Careers and Work related learning at Fountaindale
Fountaindale School is committed to providing a relevant and engaging work-related learning, enterprise and careers programme for all pupils.
‘To empower and support every pupil in school to recognise and achieve their full potential in their learning, social, and independence skills, to improve their life chances and choices in our changing world of work’
In order to achieve this, we will:
- Source and study appropriate and meaningful qualifications and accreditations
- Provide information, advice and guidance on next steps and placements beyond Fountaindale
- Provide a variety of work-based encounters and work experience
- Develop skills needed for independent living
- Promote the importance of friendship and community
- Promote the importance of healthy lifestyles
Preparing for adulthood and planning for the future is a theme that runs throughout the curriculum in school. Parents and carers are seen as an integral part of careers and work related learning programme and we aim to provide appropriate and relevant information, advice, guidance and support for all.
Supporting our careers and work-related learning programme
Fountaindale welcomes support from parents, employers and experts from a range of working backgrounds and industries. It is important that our pupils have the opportunity to speak to individuals from a diverse range of employment to give them informed choices about their future working lives, and the work of people that support them in their lives.
There are ways in which you can support our careers programme and we would love to hear from you to further enhance our careers provision.
To support us in school, could you:
- Provide work experience opportunities for our pupils?
- Allow our pupils to visit your workplace?
- Come in and speak to our pupils in a question-and-answer session?
- Attend a virtual question and answer session?
- Pre-record answers to employment questions that we have to add to our careers video library
If so, please contact the careers lead, Majella Robson at MRobson@nexusmat.org or tel: 01623 792671
Careers policy and curriculum documents
- Careers policy, including new provider access legislation
- Careers and work related learning curriculum overview
- Pupil and parent transitions directory
- Accessibility Policy
- Careers Statutory Guidance
Labour Market Information
Labour market information (LMI) provides data on a number of employment industries (for example, caring, manufacturing etc). Labour market information can tell you many different things, relating to occupations and industries, such as job numbers and salaries, but it can also include a range of more specific details, such as educational levels for occupations, workforce demographics, and numbers of establishments in particular sectors.
Useful websites for careers information and advice
Careeromter- Use the careerometer to compare jobs, salaries, working hours etc.
Panjango - Learn about the world of work and develop the knowledge, skills and experience to fulfil your potential.
Start - Stand out from the crowd with a StartProfile. Build your CV, prepare for interviews and research careers
The National Careers Service - The National Careers Service
Finding employment with ASD support through National Autistic Society
I could - careers and information for your future
Job Fairs– For face to face job searching
My Path careers - Watch a 2 minute clip each week of different jobs
The ASK Programme webinars and workshops for parents and carers
Department for Education apprenticeship options